15 Facts That Reveal Unexpected Tidbits About Our Favorite Movies
There are many interesting details in our favorite movies that you’d only be able to notice if you watched it really attentively. In The Lord of the Rings, for example, Gandalf carries with him the 2 most important things he has — his staff and his pipe. In this article, you will find 15 more interesting facts about your favorite iconic movies.
Here at Bright Side, we love the cinema and can’t wait to share these fun facts with you!
- The creators of Meet the Fockers really had to prove the fact that a person with this last name actually existed to the Motion Picture Association of America. Otherwise, the movie wouldn’t have been shown because of the similarity between this last name and the obscene word.
- The Young Red in the photo of the personal file from The Shawshank Redemption is actually Morgan Freeman’s son, Alfonso.
- While working on Guardians of the Galaxy, the prop artists had to spend 4 months finding a Sony Walkman cassette player with the original orange headphones of the MDR-3L2.
- In One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, many of the extras were real mental health patients.
- The viewers of Red Sparrow started a serious discussion on Twitter about whether it was possible to take a loan out using the main character’s name. The thing is, American movie production is really advanced when it comes to creating props. So, in the Jason Bourne movies, you can see only a bunch of Russian letters, but in “Red Sparrow”, the passport looks pretty real. You can take a loan though, as long as the number has 1 number more and other data is not real.
© The Bourne Identity / Universal Pictures © Red Sparrow / Film Rites
- In the 3rd season of Sherlock, you can see the Holmes family — the parents of Sherlock and Mycroft. They are the real parents of Benedict Cumberbatch.
- Scientists in the South Pole explained on Twitter about a strange tradition that they have. Every February when the scientists have no connection to the rest of the world (the weather gets so bad that planes can’t even fly there), they start watching all The Thing movies. In the films, something terrible happens on a polar base during bad weather.
- Attentive fans noticed that in the movies, Avengers: Age of Ultron and Thor: Ragnarok, Thor has a lock of Loki’s hair. It’s not known why but one of the theories says that at that moment, Thor thinks that his brother is dead, so a lock of hair is a way to remember him.
- The duration of Inception is 2 hours and 28 minutes. It’s a reference to the song, Non, je ne regrette rien by Édith Piaf which lasted for 2 minutes and 28 seconds. This song helps the characters get out of the dream. And if you put together the first letters of the main characters’ names — Dom, Robert, Eames, Arthur/Ariadne, Mal, and Sato, you get “dreams”.
- Emily Blunt and John Krasinski who played a married couple in A Quiet Place are actually married.
- On the set of Fight Club, Helena Bonham Carter asked her makeup artist to do her makeup with her left hand because her character would never spend time on a full face of makeup.
- Kit Harington who plays Jon Snow in Game of Thrones once said in an interview that his ancestor invented the flushing toilet.
- Jonathan Ive worked on Eve from WALL-E. He is the designer who gave the world iPods, iMacs, and iPhones.
- Ed came to the set of Snatch to work as a guard. But Guy Ritchie saw him and offered him a role in the movie.
- There is no way to know for sure if Jack Dawson was a real passenger on Titanic. But one of the versions says that he was a 23-year-old man who was a member of the crew. He carried coal to the furnaces on the ship. Unfortunately, the love story between Jack and Rose in James Cameron’s movie, Titanic is fictional. But the famous photo below has nothing to do with the real Jack Dawson. It’s an unidentified teenager from the ’20s who looks very much like Di Caprio.
Which of these facts amazed you the most? Do you know any other interesting movies facts? Tell us in the comment section below!