17 Strict Rules Taken Right Out of Celebrity Parenting Books
Beyoncé and Kim Kardashian take their kids with them to almost every event, encourage them to live active social lives, and even develop their own brands. Other celebrity moms and dads, on the contrary, try their best to protect their kids from unwanted attention and limit their access to social media and the internet in general. Even though many famous parents are often accused of being way too extreme in their parenting approach, people are always curious about how our idols raise their own children.
Bright Side shares a collection of rules that celebrity kids must follow in order to not disappoint their glorious parents.
Kylie Jenner is a young mother and as her daughter Stormi is too small to follow any rules, Kylie sets rules for those who surround her child. Kylie insists that those who come to visit Stormi wear medical masks to keep her daughter safe from any germs. This may seem way too extreme, but this rule concerns members of the family and even the baby’s parents.
Kourtney Kardashian seems to run a strict household when it comes to the safety of her kids. Apart from following strict diets and sticking to a healthy lifestyle there are things and materials she believes must be avoided. One of the kitchen appliances she never uses is a microwave. She warms up the food in the oven or on the stovetop instead. Kourtney believes that microwaves help toxins from plastic containers leak into food.
She also avoids using cotton bed linens and makes sure that her kids and family sleep on silk pillowcases to prevent wrinkles.
- Kourtney Kardashian is well-known for following a healthy lifestyle and recently she’s introduced a strict gluten and dairy-free diet to her family. Kourtney insists that sticking to this diet brought about a great positive change for her kids’ health. Being a big fan of smoothies, Kourtney creates more and more new recipes to make her kids eat green veggies, protein, and vitamins.
- Julia Roberts is a strict parent when it comes to her kids’ diets, and her 3 children, Hazel, Phinnaeus, and Henry eat only healthy snacks. This celebrity mom is sure that sticking to a healthy balanced diet and having sweets only on special occasions helps kids appreciate treats much more and prevents them from developing a habit of having something sweet after every meal.
- While the Internet is full of rumors about an extreme diet she makes her kids follow, Gwyneth Paltrow denies having any strict rules concerning food, but insists on the necessity of replacing junk food with something healthy. Gwyneth cooks for her kids almost every night and makes sure they eat organic food and avoid processed food, genetically modified products, and foods with chemicals.
- Sisters Kim and Kourtney Kardashian are both stern when it comes to following a bedtime routine. Both are sticklers about the fact that kids should get used to falling asleep at the same time every night. Kourtney has a set of special evening rituals that help her children relax before going to sleep. Every night she reads three different books to each kid.
- The children are not allowed to use their phones in bed. Instead they have fun watching stars displayed on the ceiling by projectors while their mom reads to them. Kourtney stays with the kids until they fall asleep and puts on lullabies that stay on during the whole night.
Celebrity kids are always in the spotlight when appearing in public with their parents. That’s why outfits for children are chosen just as thoroughly as those for their famous parents. Kim Kardashian and Kanye West make sure that their daughter North appears in the latest looks from their new kids clothing line when they’re out together.
- Apart from wearing brands, kids in the Kardashian family are expected to put on the hand me down clothes of their elder siblings. Kourtney Kardashian doesn’t worry about her kids’ clothes being gender specific and she sometimes dresses her daughter Penelope in her brother Mason’s blazers and suits.
- Kardashian kids are often spotted wearing matching outfits. It seems that this particular trend could date back to Kim and Kourtney’s childhood when the sisters used to wear matching outfits too.
- Moms and daughters choosing matching outfits is another trend. Beyoncé and her daughter Blue have been constantly spotted wearing the same thing since the Blue was a toddler.
If you don’t know how to limit the time your kids spend with their phones, you can try a trick from Jennifer Lopez. She made up ‘Sunday Funday’ when her kids can play video games and use their iPads, and their mom can relax and have a nap. Jennifer is sure that this scheme works just perfectly, as the kids are not allowed to use electronic devices on weekdays and they work hard and behave well to get unlimited access to their favorite gadgets on Sunday.
- With technologies developing so fast parents are worried about their kids seeing inappropriate information while being online. Celebrity parents are not an exception. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie hired a ‘cyber security team’ that monitors what their kids are doing online, while Megan Fox, for instance, bans access to social networks.
- Megan believes that social networks are ‘toxic’ for kids, as the only thing kids care about when using them is how many likes and followers they get. This famous mom of 3 is sure that this can harm her children’s self-esteem.
- Mariah Carey is known for documenting every moment of her kids’ lives. Her children are always ready to pose and smile for a photograph and quite often they are encouraged to overshadow their celebrity mom. When Mariah Carey got her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame she took twins Monroe and Moroccan with her. Many tabloids reported Mariah’s children ‘stole the show’ as they were extremely creative when yawning during the ceremony, holding their hands over their ears, and trying to take a nap on their mom’s legs.
- Taking little kids to social events is always a risk for their famous parents, as little babies’ behavior can easily get out of hand. Kim Kardashian is not afraid of taking her kids to places most celebrity parents would never take their kids to. When she visited New York Fashion Week with North, who was still a toddler, the little girl threw a tantrum in the front row disturbing her famous neighbors — Beyoncé, Jay Z, and Anna Wintour. The incident was widely discussed in the tabloids, however, Kim is still sure that little kids attending these types events is not a problem.
Rules for nannies
It’s hardly surprising for anyone when celebrity parents hire nannies for their children. But what about hiring 6 nannies for just 2 kids? Beyoncé and Jay Z hired 6 nannies for twins Rumi and Sir when they were just born, each nanny working an 8-hour shift per day. Rumor has it that Beyoncé has written a whole book of instructions for nannies to follow. These instructions are said to cover everything from the standard rules of childcare to where the staff is supposed to put their personal belongings when they are on the clock.
Nannies for the Kardashian family follow strict rules as well. Kim coordinates how the nannies move when they are out and about so that they don’t steal the diva’s attention and are within easy reach at the same time. Apart from taking care of children, nannies are supposed to take care of the family pets as well. Nannies and other personnel are expected to refrain from wearing jewelry in order to avoid unwanted attention and prevent robberies.
- It may be surprising but not all celebrity parents rely on nannies. Mom of 2 kids, Mayim Bialik, doesn’t have a nanny.
- “I like knowing exactly what they are interested in, which foods they like and don’t like, and I love being there if they fall, get discouraged, or punch each other. I love holding them when they cry and seeing their joy when they build something awesome with LEGOs. I love being the one to hear my almost-talking Fred utter phrases he has never said before. I don’t want to hear about any of this from anyone else, and there is nothing I was put on this earth to do more than to be the mama of these souls,” says Mayim.
Did any of these parenting rules surprise you? Would you like to introduce any of them in your family? Feel free to share your opinion in the comments!