24 Lucky People Who Avoided a True Catastrophe
4-leaf clovers are considered to be a sign of good luck around the world. The reason is obvious — for every 4-leaf clover, there are 10,000 3-leaf clovers. When we win the lottery or survive in a potentially dangerous situation we tend to think it’s our luck that helped us. But our life is not a lottery, it’s a precious gift we all should cherish. So let us never forget about simple safety measures and precautions.
Here at Bright Side we’ve picked up a number of accidents where people avoided a true catastrophe thanks to safety measures or just pure luck by their side.
1. This is what it means to be lucky!
2. This must have been really scary!
3. This patrol vehicle was struck by gunfire. Luckily the policemen didn’t get hurt.
4. “Mom got hit by a tree yesterday and she’s ok!”
5. Luckily the baseball hit the camera lens and not the photographer!
6. This was dangerous for all the participants…
7. What a wicked sinkhole!
8. “Mushroom hunting got a little too serious yesterday.”
9. I can’t even imagine how scary that was!
10. How did that happen?
11. “A friend of a friend got into a motorcycle accident at 70 mph and hit a bus. This is his helmet.”
12. “Close call: Boulder nearly takes out Italian farm house.”
13. “If that right front tire was 4 more inches closer we would have dropped into a bog, that you can’t see that was over 10 ft deep.”
14. Unbelievable luck!
15. “Lucky! 5 minutes earlier I could have had a bit of a headache.”
16. Who knew taking seashore pics could be so dangerous?
17. A wire saved this car from being smashed by a tree.
18. “Luckily, personnel saw the vehicle stuck on the railroad tracks and were able to get the train stopped just in time.”
19. This was close!
20. Don’t forget to wear your helmet!
21. When safety gloves do their job:
22. A little more to the left and…
23. “Luckily I was driving alone…”
24. This is why you should always wear a helmet:
There’s no doubt that all these people got lucky. Who knows, they might all be holding a 4-leaf clover in their pockets, but remember that safety always comes first. Don’t forget to take all the necessary safety precautions and don’t count on luck alone.
Did any of the photos above make you catch your breath? If you’ve ever encountered a dangerous situation where luck was on your side, feel free to share your story in the comments!